Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's Your Brain! Owner's Manual



I ran across this interesting book today while reading blogs. The brain research has always facinated me and is important to not only my personal life but my life as a teacher. Today I found several interesting segments on YouTube from the Brain Rules! Dr. Medina finds a humorous way to help us all remember important facets of improving our brain power!

When planning powerpoints! Remember this...


When planning to teach afternoon classes or attend them remember the power of a 26 minute nap increases your productivity by over 30 percent! Yes, this is justification for my nap each day this summer!



The McGurk Effect explains why it is important to consider all facets of how our brain works when planning to present lessons or information to others!



Dr. Medina's full Google presentation


I hope you find this as interesting as I did and now I can't wait to read the book!
Finally what the brain research means to the average classroom teacher.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Cookies in the Library????